Chinese poetry is a big subject.
Chinese poetry, calligraphy and painting are linked as the “Three Perfections”. These websites give the original Chinese characters as well as translations:
- Chinese Poems -Traditional & Simplified Chinese characters, pinyin and translation. The FAQs offer an introduction to Chinese poetry.
- 300 Tang Poems – Traditional Chinese characters and translation (Downloadable file)
- Translator David Hinton – Includes Tang greats Li Po, Du Fu and Wang Wei. (Uses Wade-Giles romanisation). Recently updated his translation of Du Fu.
- Translator Red Pine covers poetry – including the collected songs of Tang poet Cold Mountain, hermit traditions, sutras and other texts. There are several on line video interviews and readings.
- Characters and translations, plus information on translators of Chinese Poetry at the quirky Mountain Songs.
- Sinolingua Abridged Chinese Classic series 100 Ancient Chinese Poems. Original Chinese, pinyin and translations mostly Tang Dynasty, plus a CD ROM. Could help with studying Mandarin.
- Calligraphy poems recited.
- Books about Chinese Poetry:
Famous Chinese Song dynasty poetess Li Qingzhao